his murder, my response

Deanna posted a video on her blog Motherhood in Real Time about the death of the late-term abortionist George Tiller. I have not posted an in depth response on my blog as to how I feel about the events that took place. I wanted to seek Jesus first about my thoughts on his death. This was, and is, the only thought I can conjure to words...


Deanna,

WOW. I'm still processing this. I got right on the phone and called Pam as soon as I heard. I just tried to blog about it but have felt convicted so I will wait until after I pray to give my response.

I have lost loved ones and know the only comfort my family received was knowing they were immediately in the presence of God and their Savior Christ Jesus. So for this man, I can't imagine how his family will find peace without Christ.

I know that should be our prayers that they seek Him.

Though I don't know Tiller's final moment, in my heart I imagine he rejected Christ to his death. And to murder thousands of God's children in your lifetime while rejecting the Savior, I become speechless to think of what his regret and weeping must sound like before Christ the Judge.

If we can truly imagine that, it's haunting.

May 31, 2009 7:50 PM

No comments: