This one is for Baby E.


I was at the clinic today and had great fellowship with the sidewalk counselors, Taylor, Walt and Randy. (by the way, they are awesome!) I explained to Taylor how I sometimes felt standing there hearing them call to the women and men. I find myself saying, "come on Lord! come on Lord!" and then most of the time see the women disappear into the doors of the abortuary. My heart sinks as I feel we've lost that one. The calls from the sidewalk quiet until the next patient comes to suffer more lies in the hands of the abortuary.

Taylor and Randy began to remember and remind that God works even when the doors close and we become a bit discouraged. We reminded each other of how God moves and the conversation turned to other issues regarding abortion.

Then the miracle showed up.

A car pulled up and the woman driving called out to us. As she rolled the back window down she wanted us to look in at her little miracle in the backseat. A sweet little girl sat in a car seat and the mother began to explain how awesome God is...

Here she was. In the backseat. My Great God's precious reminder...

The mother had gone to an abortion clinic to abort her child. While laying on the table she saw the heartbeat of her baby on an ultrasound and could not go through with ending her tiny baby's life. She carried the child, gave birth, and two days after she placed this miracle in the hands of a woman who, emotionally, told us this was a gift from God. Sitting right there in the backseat looking at us... not knowing her life had almost ended a very, very short time ago.

She pulled away after a short and sweet conversation and after "thank yous" were exchanged. She so sweetly thanked us. And we thanked her for stopping to share.

And with that short and sweet conversation new hope was born in my heart.

And Taylor reminded me, God does awesome works even when we think we'll never know...

But this time, and just as He planned to, God lovingly revealed to us that His Mighty hands are always working and His Sweet, Sweet Spirit is always in the midst of us...

God is in control. The Savior is in control. Our Creator is in control.

Father, You are in control.

I know this, Lord.
And I pray you will never let my mind drift to any other thought for too long before You say,

"Child, have no fear, I AM in control."

I will always believe Lord.

Always.


Our God is an Awesome God!!


Friday, April 17, 2009

1 comment:

Pam said...

Oh Jessica, that is so awesome...too precious for words..how wonderful God gave you that experience, oh how I know you needed it, and now you can cherish it in your heart! Praise God! love you girl!