I had today off of work and we (my sister and two nieces) were out and about for the day...
We pulled up hours later and had to come in the front door instead of the garage. Well, apparently, the lock on their front door is quite stubborn. (but in the 90 degree heat it's just plain evil) We were hot, tired and READY for that air-conditioner and soft couch (thank You, Sweet Lord, for both!!)
She fought with the lock and then I fought with the lock. We went back and forth for what must have been a good 10 minutes or more. (90 degree heat) Suddenly, all the moods were becoming no good at all. Emma is frustrated. And Emma frustrated, in 90 degree heat, is just not good. Kaylee was, no doubt, hot and tired but found solace in some wind chimes on the porch. (thank you, Lord)
Jenifer finally said, "I'm going to the back door to see if both locks are locked..." and took off.
I continued trying with the lock. (I mean, this thing had no plans to open. I hate to beat a dead horse but I'm telling you Evander Holyfield could not have budged this stupid thing.)
FINALLY, Emma (who is 4½) said, "Well, let's just pray to God about it." (voice a little calmer but a tiny bit frustrated still)
"Ok, let's do it."
I bent down and she grabbed both sides of my face. (I promise she has not been watching Benny Hinn!) (and won't ever)
We pulled up hours later and had to come in the front door instead of the garage. Well, apparently, the lock on their front door is quite stubborn. (but in the 90 degree heat it's just plain evil) We were hot, tired and READY for that air-conditioner and soft couch (thank You, Sweet Lord, for both!!)
She fought with the lock and then I fought with the lock. We went back and forth for what must have been a good 10 minutes or more. (90 degree heat) Suddenly, all the moods were becoming no good at all. Emma is frustrated. And Emma frustrated, in 90 degree heat, is just not good. Kaylee was, no doubt, hot and tired but found solace in some wind chimes on the porch. (thank you, Lord)
Jenifer finally said, "I'm going to the back door to see if both locks are locked..." and took off.
I continued trying with the lock. (I mean, this thing had no plans to open. I hate to beat a dead horse but I'm telling you Evander Holyfield could not have budged this stupid thing.)
FINALLY, Emma (who is 4½) said, "Well, let's just pray to God about it." (voice a little calmer but a tiny bit frustrated still)
"Ok, let's do it."
I bent down and she grabbed both sides of my face. (I promise she has not been watching Benny Hinn!) (and won't ever)
"Dear God,
We just love you.
Please, LET US IN!
Open the door for us.
In Jesus name,
Amen"
We just love you.
Please, LET US IN!
Open the door for us.
In Jesus name,
Amen"
I stood up and with no small talk I turned to the door. (from a child's faith, Lord...)
Do I believe it was Him who gave His precious time to unlock that stubborn (I'm intentionally refraining using yucky words) lock? Yes. I do believe it. And most importantly, Emma believed it.
With all her heart.
Childlike faith, friends!
My Father CAN do anything!!
I kid you not... cross my heart... the locked turned as smooth as possible. No pressure.
I would give anything for you to have seen the look on that child's face.
Do I believe it was Him who gave His precious time to unlock that stubborn (I'm intentionally refraining using yucky words) lock? Yes. I do believe it. And most importantly, Emma believed it.
With all her heart.
Childlike faith, friends!
My Father CAN do anything!!
3 comments:
That was absolutely God, just for Emma!!
I really agree Pam,
And she truly felt it too! ♥
I love seeing Him work in the little things. I'm amazed that He cares about the little things. I think God's heart smiled at you yesterday. Praise Him, praise Him, all ye little children. God is love...God is love.
Post a Comment