40 Days For Life begins this week...

and I’ve been to the clinic a few times since our first meeting. It really does something to my heart each time. I could never fully explain it. I was listening to Beth Moore today online and she had something to say that completely reassured me of what I had been feeling.

First let me tell you I have had a reoccurring thought come to me since our first meeting for 40 Days for Life. It’s come to me every single time I wonder if being there will help at all. It’s come to me every single time I ask myself why I feel I’ve been called to go and be there. It’s come to me every single time I think I am losing hope. I have only been able to come up with this…. If those babies are suffering, I may not be able to save even one, but I would much rather be there, suffering WITH them, than at home, pushing the agonizing thoughts aside. It’s not that I want to have to be there. I’d give up my life for a baby to never be aborted again. But I know the kind of heart that sits in my body. I know the One who possess this heart. And it’s Him. He has given me a heart to know Him. And He has given me a heart to suffer for the broken hearted. And also for the little children who will be broken there. And so I will. I will be there. I may not witness one change of heart in 40 days. But I can make a promise that I will be suffering the little children and praying for them as they enter His presence.

For now, that’s the only way I can explain my hearts reason…

♥ jessica
(written on Sunday, February 22)


"…Be willing to get down on your knees and look in the face of someone you know is hurting so badly. Because when we feel like we don’t know what to do we just want to turn our face from it. But to risk feeling the pain and knowing that if I have to look in your suffering, I’m reminded how fragile I am. I’m reminded how easily I can cry. And how quickly, something like that, could happen to me.

And that vulnerability of that face to face, man to man, woman to woman encounter is just about more than we can handle. Unless… we are driven by the love of Christ. And then, it is worth anything we’ve got to do, anywhere we’ve got to go, to fulfill that calling."

Beth Moore

No comments: