her choice to heal

Last weekend I was at the Goodwill with my mother. (I love to go there to find Christian books for CHEAP... don't tell anyone!) I wanted to tell you this quick story... I picked up 5 books and guess the subject of every single one? Abortion. Thank you, Lord.

I wanted to share the names of the books with you. And to explain why I'm so thankful about my abortion books. LOL The first one I chose to start reading is called her choice to heal (by Sydna Masse & Joan Phillips).

Oh. my. goodness.

I will start off by saying I have never had an abortion. In saying that, I have recently been struggling with what these women are going through before, during, and after their abortions. So to say I was extremely thankful for picking up this book first would be an understatement. The subtitle is "finding spiritual and emotional peace after abortion."

This book, her choice to heal, tells the story of two post-abortive women and their journey before, during and after their abortions. I have TRULY been blessed beyond words by this book. Though I will never fully comprehend a woman's choice of abortion, I am in a much better state of understanding than I was just days ago.

I'm sure I'll be sharing bits and pieces of the book here but I REALLY encourage you to go out and get this book. Order it offline or in the stores. Even if you have not had an abortion. Give it to a woman you know needs it for her journey to healing. Read it for a glimpse of understanding her pain.

The authors are Christians and scripture is quoted through the book which gave me great relief.

The books I picked up and bought were:

her choice to heal
by Sydna Masse and Joan Phillips
ISBN# 1564767345

The Gift of Sam
by Michelle Thooft
ISBN# 0972346201
(this is about adoption through an unplanned pregnancy and it's written in journal form)

A Season to Heal (Help and hope for those working through Post-Abortion Stress)
by Luci Freed & Penny Yvonne Salazar
ISBN# 1888952105

(I bought 3 copies of the book A Season to Heal if you need one)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I have used "her choice to heal" in our abortion recovery at the center.

Its a great book especially for those who may not be a christian. Its not preachy.

Up until I had my abortion, I couldn't understand why, either. But somehow when faced with a unplanned pregnancy, you become consumed with self. And trusting God seems impossible.

LisaShaw said...

I have "Her Choice to Heal" also Jessica and ironically I purchased it many years ago and could NOT read it then. Chapter 7 is still dog eared in the book from that time although I have since read the book. It's very good and I agree with Tammy that it wasn't preachy for those who do not know the LORD YET.

God bless you dear one.