I felt like I was at a funeral today. And I was.
Only with no official service.
I didn’t cry any tears. Not today. And I wore jeans.
Who wears jeans to a funeral?
I was the only one there. I was alone.
So I prayed and asked my Savior to stand next to me.
Funerals. I’ve been to a few.
People gather at funerals and cry heavy tears.
People also laugh of silly stories from the past.
Or of just the other day.
We tell personal stories of what that person meant to us.
How they have touched us.
How we met and where we’ve been together.
The way their laughter lit up a room
or how they were larger than life.
I’ve never been to a funeral where all these sweet stories
weren’t shared or tears weren’t shed.
Or remembrance wasn’t paid in sweet laughter
to those loved ones now gone.
There have always been sweet stories. Always.
But what if there weren’t? What if no one came?
What if there was just a void where
LIFE should still be?
What if there were only "why’s" with absolutely
no answers or excuses?
What if we were only able to dream of their laughter
filling the room?
What sweet sound would have come forth from their souls?
How sweetly would they have loved us?
What would their precious gifts have been?
Oh, Lord, what have we missed?
…
I sang to Him and then I sang to the children…
Jesus Loves Me.
"Sweet babies, I’m sorry I’m the only one here.
(Lord, are you still standing here with me?)
I’m so sorry I didn’t get to meet you and smile sweet smiles over you.
I’m so sorry I have these millions of chances and you have none.
Sweet babies, I long to see you in Heaven and love on you there.
I can’t wait…
I promise."
Jessica
Friday, March 13, 2009
6-7pm
Only with no official service.
I didn’t cry any tears. Not today. And I wore jeans.
Who wears jeans to a funeral?
I was the only one there. I was alone.
So I prayed and asked my Savior to stand next to me.
Funerals. I’ve been to a few.
People gather at funerals and cry heavy tears.
People also laugh of silly stories from the past.
Or of just the other day.
We tell personal stories of what that person meant to us.
How they have touched us.
How we met and where we’ve been together.
The way their laughter lit up a room
or how they were larger than life.
I’ve never been to a funeral where all these sweet stories
weren’t shared or tears weren’t shed.
Or remembrance wasn’t paid in sweet laughter
to those loved ones now gone.
There have always been sweet stories. Always.
But what if there weren’t? What if no one came?
What if there was just a void where
LIFE should still be?
What if there were only "why’s" with absolutely
no answers or excuses?
What if we were only able to dream of their laughter
filling the room?
What sweet sound would have come forth from their souls?
How sweetly would they have loved us?
What would their precious gifts have been?
Oh, Lord, what have we missed?
…
I sang to Him and then I sang to the children…
Jesus Loves Me.
"Sweet babies, I’m sorry I’m the only one here.
(Lord, are you still standing here with me?)
I’m so sorry I didn’t get to meet you and smile sweet smiles over you.
I’m so sorry I have these millions of chances and you have none.
Sweet babies, I long to see you in Heaven and love on you there.
I can’t wait…
I promise."
Jessica
Friday, March 13, 2009
6-7pm
No comments:
Post a Comment